- Average Employee: 17+ years of Analytical Lab Experience
- Average tenure at EPL: 10+years
- Rigorous Internal/External Technical Training Programs
- Active Industry Training Programs
- Focused on Safety
What is it like to work at EPL?
- We each agree to abide by a set of core values and the behaviors that support them. We share those expectations for your consideration before you even apply for a position on our team.
- We are passionate about what we do and we are partners with our customers.
- We value each team member and provide an opportunity for learning, mentoring and increasing each individual’s value to our team.
- We continually seek process improvements.
- We provide opportunity to learn, develop skills and abilities and work with the latest in technology
- We are dedicated and hold each other accountable and we share in the resulting successes.
- We enjoy the culture we have created and worked hard to maintain it.
- If you are interested in being a part of our team, contact:
EPL Bio Analytical Services
9095 West Harristown Blvd.
Niantic, IL 62551
Current Positions Available
We are looking for two Chemists, chemistry experience preferred.
EPL Bio Analytical Services Analytical Chemistry Job Opportunities
We are currently looking for two experienced analytical chemists who would enjoy the specific challenges of analytical agricultural chemistry and are interested in helping us transfer new methods into our lab, get them working and help keep them working. The successful candidate should also be interested in the opportunity to learn about the Ag Crop Protection Industry and the associated regulatory requirements with the end goal to be trained as a Principal Investigator and ultimately to become a Study Director at EPL.
We would consider a Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree candidate with strong relevant analytical chemistry experience or a Post-Doc with excellent analytical chemistry and troubleshooting skills.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced scientist with strong background in method implementation. Specific experience with modern residue analytical techniques and data generation for pesticide regulatory submissions (including generation of reports, SOPs, protocols and other documents associated with GLP studies) is preferred. This position requires a team player with a strong sense of urgency as the position will involve coaching and mentoring other scientists and leading teams to deliver high standards of quality within tight deadlines and changing priorities. The organized, self-directed professional we seek must have exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills since this position involves working directly with customers and other industry professionals. The candidate must be able to plan and manage multiple projects and work packages using project management tools, optimize and develop new assays and successfully conceptualize innovative solutions to solve challenging technical problems.
Specific technical experience preferred:
- A master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with strong, relevant work experience or a Post-Doc with strong analytical skills and experience.
- Working knowledge of residue chemistry studies, including; RAC/decline, field dissipation/leaching, dislodgable foliar residues, spray drift, and pollinator health studies.
- Experience conducting method validation and method ILV studies.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant data regulatory requirements (i.e. US EPA, SANCO requirements for residue chemistry, method validation and ILV studies).
- Experience with product chemistry studies, including; 5-Batch Analysis (preliminary analysis/enforcement methods), Phys/Chem tests and test/reference substance characterization.
Specific technical experience required:
- Strong math skills and comfort with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong scientific writing skill and comfort with Microsoft Word.
- Experience with LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, GC-MS/MS as well as method optimization, method troubleshooting and sample preparation techniques such as SPE, QuEChErs, high-throughput methods (96-well plate format) and liquid-liquid extractions.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Resources in Decatur
City of Decatur Il
|Online Community Newspaper|
|Thrive Decatur – Community Events for Decatur|
|Decatur Chamber of Commerce|